Maxglan-West is a district of Salzburg that lacks pretty much everything: A proper name (it is merely referring to the district in its east, Maxglan), a proper centre (is comprises of two settlements) and ties to the city (functionally, it is more part of Wals-Siezenheim). The thin strip of land that is called Maxglan-West is sandwiched between Salzburg Airport and the neighbouring municipality of Wals-Siezenheim. The two settlements that is comprises of are the Kendlersiedlung and the area of Loig.
Maxglan-West is a middle-class area that was developed since the 1930ies. In 1932, the creek Glan was gradually trained and extended in a fashion that led to the drainage of the wetlands in this area. Thereby, arable land and regions for construction developed. The Kendlersiedlung, a housing development, was started under the rule of the Austrian fascist party as a counter-statement to the socialist communal housing projects of the 1920ies (see the buildings in districts such as Elisabeth-Vorstadt or Itzling for examples). Notably, the settlement was originally called "Engelberg-Dollfuss-Siedlung" and renamed into Kendlersiedlung after the Anschluss to Nazi-Germany.
An improvised church (Kirche St. Vitalis) became increasingly important after World War II, when many Eastern European refugees that were ethnic Germans moved into the periphery of Salzburg. St. Vitalis was replaced by a proper building in 1950. The architect in charge was Wilhelm Holzbauer; it became a parish church in 1967. There are no sightseeing attractions in Maxglan West. Since the district is situated beyond the airport, it is unlikely for international tourists to even pass it.
German Wikipedia on Maxglan-West
City of Salzburg, Official Website