Parsch is a district of the city of Salzburg. It can be found on the right side of the Salzach, stretching towards the Gaisberg and south of the Altstadt (Old Town). Parts of Parsch are very expensive, the district has a reputation for being very exclusive and particularly attractive for new money. In fact, this is true only for some parts of the neighbourhood. Especially along the main roads, you will find post-war developments that are inhabited by "normal" people. In total, Parsch has a population of approximately 10.000 people.
Parsch has been populated since the Bronze Age; during the Middle Ages, it was characterised by large farms. Some of these developed into manors, of which a few have survived until today (Fondachhof, Flederbachschlössl). The gaps in between these buildings were gradually filled up in the 19th and 20th century. The most shaping building developments took place after World War 2. Accordingly, Parsch was gradually incorporated into Salzburg - the northern parts belonged to the city for a long time, were then excluded and joined with Aigen (then a separate municipality), in 1935 and then 1939 all of Parsch was incorporated into the city.
The post-war developments of Parsch had the most obvious impact on the townscape. Note for example the parish church "Zum Kostbaren Blut", which was built in the 1950ies as one of the first modern churches in Western Austria. Other noteworthy buildings include the Borromäum, a private school for boys, several old farm houses and manors (usually absorbed into residential areas these days) and the small palaces in the area neighbouring Äußerer Stein (Schloss Fürberg, Schloss Elsenheim) or Aigen (Vogelsangschlösschen). Note also the Weichselbaumsiedlung, which was built after WWI mainly for refugees from South Tyrol (similar to the Aiglhofsiedlung). Tourists are not likely to spend time in Parsch, unless they stay in one of the hotels or B&Bs there.
Parsch on the German Wikipedia
City of Salzburg, Official Website