Salzburg Photos: Mozartsteg & Old Town

previous picture  return to "winter photos 2"   next picture

Mozartsteg & Altstadt



The Mozartsteg, the bridge on the left of this picture, is an Art Nouveau or Jugendstil bridge that was opened in 1903. A private association of people was behind the project, which explains the little toll house next to the bridge: Until it became property of the City of Salzburg in 1920, pedestrians had to pay a little fee for using it. Today, the pretty cast iron bridge is one of the most popular links between the two halves of the Altstadt (Old Town).

photo (c) visit-salzburg.net


Visit-Salzburg.net